One of the wonderful things about having a late spring or summer baby, is you can schedule a beautiful outdoor newborn session! Here are some tips to ensure a great session!
- Dress mom first! A flowing dress not only photographs beautifully, but is comfortable and flattering! Please consider if you will be nursing before, after (or possibly during) our time together. Here are some amazing nursing friendly dress that would photograph well.
- The secret ingredient to amazing newborn photos is a well-fed, burped, changed, and sleepy baby! A newborn is not expected to smile or gaze into the camera (bonus points if they do!). Our goal is that your baby is comfortable and content so we can spend an hour or so capturing your growing family!
- Use the restroom and feed and change your baby prior to arriving to the location. Ideally the car ride will make baby sleepy and content. Bring a pacifier (even if you never use one…using one for this short period will not impact your nursing) to help with the transition from the car to our location.
- Be prepared! Pack your bag with an extra diaper, burp rags, simple change of clothing, pacifier, wipes, swaddle, etc. I think this could be said about any outing with a new baby! Also, don’t forget your stroller or a wrap for the short walk from the parking area to the location.
- Schedule the session for when you are feeling up to leaving the house! For some moms this might be when baby is just a week or two old, but for many this is a few weeks out! We want to photograph your baby while they are still little and fresh, but not at the expense of your health and comfort!
I love helping families document special moments in their lives!
Click here to request more information or email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow 48 hours for me to respond. You can also follow me on Facebook for recent work and behind the scenes on my Instagram stories. Sessions take place an hour or so before sunset for the most beautiful light.
My goal in family photography is to provide fresh, yet classic images full of authentic moments. I love incorporating our beautiful Colorado scenery in Denver or Boulder and beyond.
Please see my session details on my investment page.
Boulder Photographer, Julie Livermore, photographs outdoor newborn session in Boulder, Denver and beyond.