Welcoming your new baby is such an exciting time! An in home photography session is the perfect way to document this amazing addition. During an in home photography session, I arrive at your home and photograph you and your family cuddling and snuggling with the new baby. These sessions are meant to be stress-free, meaningful, and full of love. To make the morning of the session easy, take some time in the weeks prior to plan What to Wear for Your Newborn session. I am happy to send links to clothing or review items you already have in your wardrobe. Or you can read through and follow these simple suggestions!
I recommend starting baby in a simple, well-fitting and neutral onesie.
- A simple white onesie is an easy, no-stress option!
- This sweet and simple onesie from Amazon is another great option!
- I adore the earthy tones of this ribbed onesie (the whole site is great!).
A photo session is always the perfect time to feel and look your best! I recommend sticking to warm or cool earthy neutrals (depending on the tones of your home).
- Look for stretchy bump/nursing friendly items such as this beautiful dress.
- Love the texture in this bump friendly gown.
- A cozy knit sweater or textured top and stretchy jeans or leggings always work.
For Dad and Siblings:
After mom and baby are dressed, fill in the wardrobe with the rest of the family!
- For dad a simple knit henley or sweater with dark jeans works great! We may see feet when lying on the bed, so barefoot or coordinating socks work best.
- For siblings, keep it simple and comfortable. Holding their new sibling while being photographed may feel overwhelming. We may have them lay on their belly near the baby if they aren’t ready to hold on their own. Their outfit should be soft and easy to move around in! Think a softly textured dress with tights for girls or a light blue chambray or other soft shirt for boys.
I will bring a selection of wraps and bows to use during our session. However, you may want to include some of your own items to keep as heirlooms or to use in the nursery. Here are some resources.
- A great collection of earth toned wraps and muted newborn essentials.
- Heirloom hand knits that will be passed from baby to baby.
- This timeless waffle woven baby blanket.
Click here to request more information or email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow 48 hours for me to respond. You can also follow me on Facebook for recent work and behind the scenes on my Instagram stories. Sessions take place an hour or so before sunset for the most beautiful light.
My goal in family photography is to provide fresh, yet classic images full of authentic moments. I love incorporating our beautiful Colorado scenery in Denver or Boulder and beyond. I am happy to help you select What to Wear for Your Newborn Session.
2021 calendar is open! Contact me soon to book your portrait session.
Julie Livermore, specializes in newborn, family, and maternity photography in Denver and the best locations in Boulder and surrounding areas!