As a Colorado photographer, I see all kinds of weather. It can often be tricky in the winter and spring to plan outfits for your family. One day it might be mild and sunny, and the next day it could be cold! The days can be warm and as soon as the sun starts dipping behind the mountains the temperature dramatically drops. It can be frustrating when you have been looking forward to your family photo session.
Here are some simple ideas for when the weather turns out to be much cooler than anticipated.
- Don’t be afraid to wear a coat. Coats and jackets are a good way to express your personal fashion and they keep you warm.
- Add layers! Adding a scarf and or a hat is a nice way to add texture to photographs and add warmth during your session.
- Incorporate a blanket into your session. Nothing is sweeter than a family snuggling together.
- If it is especially icy- put some hand warmers in the pocket of your jacket. They will keep your hands nice and toasty and prevent grumpiness from cold hands!
- Keep moving! Movement is playful and photographs nicely. Plus it keeps kids happy, and will help keep you warm.
- Dress warmly under your coat and scarf. Make sure to dress in warm enough clothes. Add tights, and an extra layer under your nice clothing. No one will know there is an extra layer under the outfit you have been looking forward to wearing, but an additional layer will help keep you extra warm.
- Make sure your shoes are warm enough. Boots, booties, for the whole family!
Don’t let cold weather discourage you from having your photos taken. Plus, the sunsets are extra magical this time of year.
My style and goal when photographing families is to create timeless, yet fresh images! I love incorporating our beautiful Colorado scenery and golden sunsets to help capture authentic moments. If you are interested in more information on senior portraits or family photography click here! Or email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow 48 hours for me to respond. For more photos and recent work follow me on Facebook and behind the scenes fun is on my Instagram stories. Sessions take place an hour or so before sunset for the most beautiful light.
Now booking for Spring 2022 golden hour sessions! Contact me to book your portrait session.
Julie Livermore photography specializes in newborn, family, maternity, and outdoor photography in Denver and Boulder with the best locations in surrounding areas!