Denver Family Photographer
These snowy February days pass slowly for an on-location Denver family photographer! I am wistfully recalling the warm light and balmy temperatures of past fall sessions. This darling Fort Collins family met me halfway in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains an hour before sunset. This was the perfect time to capture sweet, loving and playful moments.
Golden Hour is roughly the first hour of light after sunrise, and the last hour of light before sunset. Often times my clients have to adjust naps and snack schedules to meet at my preferred time of “Golden Hour”. I say roughly because depending on your geography and time of year, Golden Hour can feel like Golden Minute (especially when you are close the mountains, the sun sets behind the foothills much earlier than in an open field). Here are a few reasons I encourage you to adjust your schedule for the day and meet me at Golden Hour!
1. The light is glowy and flattering. It’s like being lit by candlelight versus overhead florescent lighting.
2. The light is soft and diffuse. No squinting as you smile at the camera or better yet, at your loved ones!
3. The light is warm. I love the warmth not only for sunkissed skin tones, but to create a warm, happy feel to the photographs.
4. The light is dimensional. Rim lighting (the backlight that gives those highlights around the family’s hair) makes the subject pop from the background.
5. The light is fun. Sun flare adds interest and artistry to your family photographs.
Julie Livermore Photography specializes in newborn, family, child, maternity, birthday, baby and first year photography in Denver, Colorado and surrounding areas including but not limited to Boulder and Broomfield.