I consider my newborn photography to be an extension of my family photography business. Therefore, my newborn sessions focus on the connection and love the whole family feels welcoming your new one. Our session is basically a few hours of adoring and cuddling your baby in the comfort of your home. If this is your first baby or you had a studio session previously, you may wonder what to expect at your newborn photoshoot. Here are five things to expect at your in-home lifestyle newborn session with me as your Denver Newborn Photographer!
- I will arrive and meet your baby (and you if we haven’t met at your maternity session). If you have other children, I might spend a little more time focused on them. While I am doing this, I will also be walking around looking for the best window light in your home.
- We will start by taking a few family photos. Ideally baby is dressed in a well fitting onesie. If you don’t have one or they are fussy, I will wrap them in a swaddle (I am very competent at a comforting swaddle, so don’t worry about this part!). These family photos typically take place on the living room couch or master bed. I will direct you into flattering light and positions, but other than a few smile at the camera shots as we begin, these will be all about you and your beautiful family.
- We will then take sibling shots before we let them loose to play, watch a show (or if we are lucky be entertained by a grandparent or other family friend). Sibling shots can be tricky, but we keep this part relaxed and gentle. If this is your first child, there will be extra attention to baby on his or her own.
- I will then focus just on the baby. I bring a cute crate or basket, but we may also simply lay them in their crib or on your bed. They can also be in your arms if they are fussy. I don’t over pose baby or put them in any discomfort. I have worked with newborns for years and take care that they are comfortable and captured as their natural adorable self. No crazy posing just to get an image.
- Finally we will take shots of each parent alone with the new baby. These are some of my favorite moments. Just a chance to breathe it all in and remember how small and precious and new they are and all the love you feel.
I love capturing traditional, timeless portraits and natural, organic moments in both my family and newborn session. Here are some images from a recent in-home lifestyle session!